POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color choice for IRTC project : Re: Color choice for IRTC project Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color choice for IRTC project
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 21 Apr 2003 16:24:20
Message: <3EA3C639.1000602@hotpop.com>
> Uh...the rainbow contains the entire spectrum. It has every color
> possible with a single wavelength. It would look quite strange with 7
> colors.

Yes, I knew that, but you know that when children are drawing their
firsts drafts, they draw a horse, a house, the familly with a rainbow
and they ask what colors are in a rainbow.  I remember having identified
7 colors of the full spectrum that were known to be visually very
identifiable when looking at a rainbow.  It is those 7 colors I wish to
know (though it's already been answered elsewhere in this thread).

Thanks,
   Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
Author of The Primary Colors of CSound: