POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color choice for IRTC project : Re: Color choice for IRTC project Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color choice for IRTC project
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 20 Apr 2003 04:02:07
Message: <3EA1C6B9.4010206@hotpop.com>
> According to my father, who has red-green color blindness, red and green
> both appear as different shades of the same rather bland color.  Colors
> that contain significant amounts of red or green are also affected, so for
> example peanut butter is "green", and light pink and light grey look about
> the same.

I'm not sure if this is a true fact, but I heard that only the Red
information was wrong by daltonism.  And the brain interprets the color
in some way that makes any color containing red to be blended somehow...

Even when I see a pure Blue thing, I can't say for sure that it's blue,
it might contain some red pigments that I don't perceive...

Xilo

--
Dedicated to audio/visual and interactive artwork.
Author of The Primary Colors of CSound: