POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Earth heightfield, colormaps, etc... : Re: Earth heightfield, colormaps, etc... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth heightfield, colormaps, etc...
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 14 Apr 2003 10:26:15
Message: <3E9A37B8.2050302@hotpop.com>
> here
> http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/BlueMarble/BlueMarble.html

This website is awesome, with quality images beyond what I expected!

> and here for height_field
> http://gw.marketingden.com/planets/earth.html

Though, this one offers less quality, I'd have to pay to download better
heightfields.
   Since I'm specially interested in europe, I'd have to have a much
better height field than that in order to make interesting landscape...
  Though it'll be perfect for a start!

Thanks a lot Marc!
   Xilo