POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Satellite Mosaic of Afghanistan, pigment interpolation? : Re: Satellite Mosaic of Afghanistan, pigment interpolation? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Satellite Mosaic of Afghanistan, pigment interpolation?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Apr 2003 11:12:19
Message: <3E997E53.A171DC85@gmx.de>

> [...]
> This is quite time-consuming and probably not very accurate, so I once
> again ask here for an
> *uncompressed* satellite mosaic of the region correctly oriented
> northward, and perhaps also for
> software which is able to do the pigment interpolation for me.

It has already been mentioned in these groups several times - you can find
1 km resolution surface color data for the whole planet on:

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/BlueMarble/

The data files available there are in 24 bit format but you will find
higher color resolution files in the original sources of these data sets:

http://modis-land.gsfc.nasa.gov/

although i doubt this will have any advantages (the additional information
won't be much more than pure noise).

Christoph