POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: [patch] configure.in tirival patch : Re: [patch] configure.in tirival patch Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:48:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [patch] configure.in tirival patch
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 2 Apr 2003 09:05:28
Message: <3E8AEE27.2030501@free.fr>
> POV_TRY_CFLAGS([-march=pentiumpro -mcpu=pentiumpro -fkadjfhsjldhf]
>
> will not cause an error (i.e. "not supported") as it obviously should.

	Ah, that's weird.
	Okay I'll try to fix it, but don't have much time for now...

> case "$build" in
>   i?86-* | k?-*)
>     case "$build" in
>       i386-*) POV_TRY_CFLAGS([-march=i386 -mcpu=i386]);;
> etc...
>
> will not necessarily choose any of the AMD processors even if an AMD
> is built into the system. I get PentiumPro instead of AthlonXP.

	Yes, I'm aware of this for quite long time since I'm always
running on AMD processors, but I didn't yet look which shell variable
will help finding the correct processor familly. I suppose I have to
look for the answer in config.guess.

	Thanks for testing  :-)
	- NC