POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : very strange... : Re: very strange... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: very strange...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Mar 2003 14:39:46
Message: <3E889981.EF8BE28A@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Windows and Mac platforms statically link to the image support libraries for
> PNG, JPEG and TIFF image support.  On any kind of Unix these libs are taken
> from the operating system, and this may simply be an incompatible version...

Well, of course my suggestion solely referred to using the official
POV-Ray versions (which is statically linked in the linux version as
well).  What people do wrong when compiling and running their own versions
is completely their business (at least as far as povray.newusers is
concerned). :-)

Christoph