POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : very strange... : Re: very strange... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: very strange...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Mar 2003 13:30:26
Message: <3E888942.845A64E@gmx.de>
Renderdog wrote:

> >This is exactly what i meant.  You should check what things you have
> >changed and then you will find the problem.
>
> I would be interested if you find a reason for this. I recently
> experienced a similar problem. The file renders fine on my Mac,
> but a height field is very noisy when the same file is rendered
> on a unix machine. [...]

Here applies the same (although there is of course the risk of some minor
differences due to different compilers, especially if you do something you
are not supposed to do).

You will have to check for the differences, most important of course if
scene and data files are the same (really *are* identical, not just look
like the same) and apart from that if the command line and ini file
options used are identical.

Christoph