POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : very strange... : Re: very strange... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: very strange...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Mar 2003 11:59:47
Message: <3E887403.A48CDA41@gmx.de>
J Tellings wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I had a POV-Ray image with an height-field. It were smooth mountains which
> looked quite good. After I have bought a new harddisk, I reinstalled POV-Ray
> and I rendered the file again. The file and the tga-file were exactly the
> same. Now I see very pixelated mountains. It's the same POV-Ray version.
> Does anyone know a solution???

Let me see if i understand this right:  You have a POV Scene that rendered
nicely (using a certain heightfield data file) and after reinstalling
POV-Ray (same version) and rendering (same scene with the same heightfield
file and with the same options at command line and in ini file) the result
is different?

Sorry, but the only solution would be to find out what's wrong in your
statement.

Christoph