POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parsing a data set : Re: Parsing a data set Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing a data set
From: Gwen & Emory Stagmer
Date: 29 Mar 2003 11:53:39
Message: <3E85CE85.FB520F2F@comcast.net>
Oli,
   Check my hermite curve generator.  The input files are simple to create
from 3-d coords.
http://www.geocities.com/emory_stagmer/povherm

It makes in-betweening simple.  The object pass through the control points,
you specify how many frames to the next control point, and the curve is a
smoothing function between them.
At every control point is a vector to which the curve is tangent both into
and out of the control point (piece-wise smooth).

There's example POV source there too...should work great for a Boids sim...

Emory