POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Capriccio : Re: Capriccio Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 26 Mar 2003 09:58:47
Message: <3E81BE85.A18D3596@mail.com>
> > - all sources and textures will be open
>
> The latter will be difficult with human figures - you probably know Gilles
> and others mostly use non-free data for this purpose.

As one of the workarounds here we could use high res. image maps.
For example place the figure in the scene render it it in high res. and use
it as an image map later on in that scene. The only problem here is
flat shadow from plane with image map.

> > Here are image elements which should be done:
> >
> > - St. Paul cathedral Dome (let me know if you need detailed
> >   drawing)
>
> I think Ib Rasmussen modelled this before:
>
> http://home4.inet.tele.dk/ibras/stpaul.htm

Great! I remembered that somebody did it before but didn't remember
the name.
So, Ib Rasmussen if you are reading this posting and if you want
to join you are welcome. Again if you don't want to share your source
files we could just use high res. image map (though sources would be
more preferable :).

Gena.