POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Capriccio : Re: Capriccio Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Mar 2003 04:25:28
Message: <3E817229.E046E832@gmx.de>
Gena Obukhov wrote:

> See the initial post in irtc.stills
>
> I think that at this tough times it would be a good
> idea to unite POV-Ray users from different countries
> in one project.
>
> The only requirement to participate in this project
> is admiration for POV-Ray and good experience in
> POV-Ray.
> [...]

I like the idea of an 'open' cooperation project where the development of
the scene will be visible to everyone.  I think this has never been tried
before and i'm not sure how well it will work but it is definitely worth
trying.

> Here are some obvious rules:
> - use only your own objects and textures
> - image maps (if any) should be in a high resolution
> - all sources and textures will be open

The latter will be difficult with human figures - you probably know Gilles
and others mostly use non-free data for this purpose.

> Here are image elements which should be done:
>
> - St. Paul cathedral Dome (let me know if you need detailed
>   drawing)

I think Ib Rasmussen modelled this before:

http://home4.inet.tele.dk/ibras/stpaul.htm

> - Water + Wooden posts (it would be great to have Christoph Hormann
>   on board for this item)

I will see what i can do...

Christoph