POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Capriccio : Capriccio Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:08:53 EDT (-0400)
  Capriccio
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 26 Mar 2003 01:48:39
Message: <3E814BA5.6C535F62@mail.com>
See the initial post in irtc.stills

I think that at this tough times it would be a good
idea to unite POV-Ray users from different countries
in one project.

The only requirement to participate in this project
is admiration for POV-Ray and good experience in
POV-Ray.

The reference image for this project is a painting
by english painter William Marlow called 'Capriccio:
St.Paul's and a Venetian Canal':

http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/AWork?id=9296

This is just the reference image. It doesn't mean that the
result of this project should be exact replica of it. But
it's a good starting point.

Here are some obvious rules:
- use only your own objects and textures
- image maps (if any) should be in a high resolution
- all sources and textures will be open

Here are image elements which should be done:

- St. Paul cathedral Dome (let me know if you need detailed
  drawing)

- St. Paul Cathedral Facade (let me know if you need detailed
  drawing)

- Water + Wooden posts (it would be great to have Christoph Hormann
  on board for this item)

- Boats + Sails (it would be great to have Txemi Jendrix on board for
  this item)

- People (it would be great to have Gilles Tran on board for this item)

- Sky + Clouds

- Houses (it would be great to have Nathan O'Brian on board for
  this item. I will also contribute here)

- Lighting (it would be great to have Jaime Vives Piqueres on board
  for this item)

We together will decide what will be included to the final scene.
Feel free to use any technique and tool. Let's try to finish image
for current IRTC round deadline.
Newsgroup for image submission and image discussions is
povray.binaries.images
Newsgroup for sources is
povray.binaries.scene-files

As an initial input I'll provide one of the houses pretty soon.
I'll put it in p.b.s-f. Take it and add your element or improve
existing one and show us result. This way we will add
more and more elements to that scene and eventually create
good image together :)

Good Luck!

Gena.