POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Closest points on two circles : Re: Closest points on two circles Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Closest points on two circles
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 25 Mar 2003 09:19:19
Message: <3E806895.2050008@alphalink.com.au>
ABX wrote:
> You have to define distance as function and then find where it has minimum.

Yes, but as I stated in my original post, the mathematics of this is
quite complex, it's not as though you're finding the minimum of a
quadratic equation with one variable. Certainly the mathematics of it is
quite beyond my abilities, which is why I haven't asked anyone to solve
it, simply that if they happen to have access to a solution (or if
they're math mad and really want to create their own solution) to post
it here.