POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Closest points on two circles : Re: Closest points on two circles Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Closest points on two circles
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 25 Mar 2003 09:10:23
Message: <3E80667D.9040506@alphalink.com.au>
Edward Coffey wrote:
> Does anyone possess a macro for calculating the points defining the
> shortest path between two circles (not discs, circles)

Sorry, I should have been more clear - when I specified that I was
dealing with circles not discs I did not mean to imply that I was
working in a 2D space, only that the path had to connect to the
circumference, not to any point within a disc.
My circles exist in 3D space and may take any position or orientation
relative to one another.