POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : postscript/pdf to POVRay prism : Re: postscript/pdf to POVRay prism Server Time
30 Apr 2024 03:01:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: postscript/pdf to POVRay prism
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 20 Mar 2003 03:48:44
Message: <3E798397.4060003@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
> I don't
> need this, but you are certainly welcome to modify the code to do it.

Can you give me some hint as to which parts of your code I am likely
to want to change? How does it work anyway? What kind of data do you
get from pstoedit?

> It could also be done (less efficiently) by taking the text, moving it
> back slightly, making it black, and then taking the CSG union of it
> being moved slightly in different directions.  If you take enough
> different directions, it would have the effect of enlarging the text
> into a background for the text as you describe.

That's what I do now on a bitmap basis. Doing so with vector data
would lose the latter's benefit of infinite precision.

--
merge{#local i=-11;#while(i<11)#local
i=i+.1;sphere{<i*(i*i*(.05-i*i*(4e-7*i*i+3e-4))-3)10*sin(i)30>.5}#end