POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : System resources depleted in animations : Re: System resources depleted in animations Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:00:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: System resources depleted in animations
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 19 Mar 2003 10:35:34
Message: <3E788E00.8AB1A7A4@onwijs.com>
Bosley wrote:

Summarizing: there is a memory leak.
I have noticed this in animations, especially with lots of frames or
complicated scenes. I couldn't really find a pattern (didn't really look
for it) but my guess is it isn't necessarily a leak in POVRay, it may
also be a memory allocation bug in Windows. I have noticed something
similar in a program I made where lots of images were constantly created
and destroyed: it slowly ate up memory. Nothing in the code could avoid
this (a simple loop create-destroy was enough to see this behaviour). If
this is indeed platform specific it would be very hard to solve.

Remco