POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : postscript/pdf to POVRay prism : Re: postscript/pdf to POVRay prism Server Time
29 Apr 2024 23:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: postscript/pdf to POVRay prism
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 18 Mar 2003 05:32:14
Message: <3E76F8D6.9010702@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
> I wrote the attached utility to convert vector-type (not bitmapped)
> postscript/pdf files into POVRay prisms.  It works under Linux.
> The first step is to "flatten" the postscript to a standard form
> using the pstoedit package (available separately).  Then you run my
> perl script to convert the "flattened" postscript into Prism statements.
 > [...]
> I hope you find it useful!

I deem it very useful. So far I used bitmaps for importing LaTeX into
povray. I would gladly convert to eps2pov, but there are problems:
  - I would need polygons instead of prisms.
  - I put an outline around the text using intermediate processing of
    bitmaps. Is it possible to amend your script with an option to
    follow the vector image with some distance?
Unfortunately I know neither perl nor the flattened postscript.

--
merge{#local i=-11;#while(i<11)#local
i=i+.1;sphere{<i*(i*i*(.05-i*i*(4e-7*i*i+3e-4))-3)10*sin(i)30>.5}#end