POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Battlestar Galactica : Animation question (was: Re: Battlestar Galactica) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Animation question (was: Re: Battlestar Galactica)
From: Tom A
Date: 10 Mar 2003 12:17:37
Message: <3E6CC8B1.3050006@my-deja.com>
Chris Johnson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm looking for meshes, whatever related to Battlestar Galactica that I can
> use on POV-Ray 3.5.
>
> Can anyone help?
>

> Live Large!!!
>
> Chris Johnson
> http://au.geocities.com/cjhn71

Don't have the Galactica, but have the Agro-ships (reused from Silent
Running.)  Picture at
<www.geocities.com/meteoricshipyards>

Which leads me to a question.
I created some animations (320x240x500 frames, created using cmpeg).
Cmpeg ran fine and gave no errors, but when I view the animations, they
play and never finish.  That is, using Microsoft Media player or
Quicktime viewer, the MPG movie is displayed, but when it reaches the
end of the movie, even though I have it set to repeat, it doesn't.  The
slide doesn't move on media player, and you can't restart (in either
player) after a pause.  They show the movie still playing (by displaying
the "stop" rather than the "play" icon) after it finishes, and the stop
button is ignored.  To replay the movie you have to select the file again.

The movies were >8 and >10Meg, so I'm wondering if cmpeg might have a
problem with the size (although I recently got a memory allocation error
from it when I tried to create a movie with too many frames).
On the smaller movie, I eliminated about 1/6th of the frames, and it
created fine (just looks jerky).

Has anyone encountered anything like this?

--
Tom A.
"I've got the whole world