POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New feature suggestion (assuming it doesn't already exsist) : Re: New feature suggestion (assuming it doesn't already exsist) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New feature suggestion (assuming it doesn't already exsist)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 9 Mar 2003 16:16:05
Message: <3E6BAF21.FC793C41@hotmail.com>
Qleemish wrote:

> a thickness modifier for lathe/sor objects, allowing u to change the
> thickness of the walls. please let me know if this already exsists.
> also, the option to makes lathes/sors, solid. think of the infinite
> intersections we could do... ahhhhhhh, oh, yes, YES!!!!!

The walls of the lathe/sor/all objects are zero thickness.

To get a lathe or sor with thickness to its walls, you have to use CSG,
like so:

difference {
  object { MyVaseExterior }
  object { MyVaseInterior }
}

Make MyVaseInterior such that it has a gap between it and the
exterior version, but sticks out through the top.

Hope this helps,
John