POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : alpha channel in animations : Re: alpha channel in animations Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:02:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha channel in animations
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 26 Feb 2003 17:25:27
Message: <3E5D3E1B.6CB45246@onwijs.com>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> Remco de Korte wrote:
>
> > It depends on what you're looking for exactly. I don't know of any
> > solution in a program or a video format but I'm going to work on some
> > bits of video that may include some sort of blue screen stuff. The best
> > I can think of is to do it in separate frames.
>
> Do you know if Adobe Premiere or After Effects can work with a set
> of individual frames ?  (that's what my friend uses, he's in a
> multimedia-stuff school, doing a big project for the end of the
> academic year).
>
> (BTW, it would greatly help if POV-Ray was able to output the alpha
> channel as separate grayscale frames, as it seems that it's what
> commercial renderers do.)
>
> Fabien.

Sorry, I have no idea about the programs you mention. I only know them
by name.
My solution will probably turn out to be some homewritten tool (or an
enhancement).
That way I can make it do exactly what I want and process any amount of
frames I'd need.
I'm supposed to be already working on it...
I'm also looking for some cheap (or free) editing program. I don't
really expect that to do the kind of thing I need (= blend live action
over a rendered background - probably...)

Remco