POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Whats wrong with the news-server? : Re: Whats wrong with the news-server? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whats wrong with the news-server?
From: Ken
Date: 21 Feb 2003 08:46:28
Message: <3E562E1D.A44631A7@pacbell.net>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> Well, its not complaining all the time. Just every now and
> then, Outlook tells me the server doesn't respond.

The server doesn't respond because your connection attempt timed out some where
enroute. I would wait a few days before jumping to any conclusions. The most
likely reason for your problem is a local internet router is down or not working
well and you are getting time outs before connection to your destination. If things
don't improve soon call your ISP and complain. They will probably deny any knowledge
of a slow down but if you press the issue they might tell you what problems they are
having.

> Perhaps I should update Outlook?

I wouldn't bother if I were you.

--