POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Small is NOT BEAUTIFUL : Re: Small is NOT BEAUTIFUL Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Small is NOT BEAUTIFUL
From: Frank 'Sputnik' Rothfuß
Date: 16 Feb 2003 09:38:21
Message: <3E4FA25D.4D13FDBC@computermuseum.fh-kiel.de>
Hi Thorsten,

the pictures I've postet were rendered on a P2, 233 MHz, 32 MByte,
running Windows 95. The POV_Ray-Versions were (according to the
help menu):
 - official 3.1g.watcom.win32
 - official 3.5 icl.win32

If new features of 3.5 should require such a high 'epsilon',
I suggest to multiply internally all coordinate values by at least
100. Currently screen-filling objects of unit size are unusable
due to visible artefacts (esp. when they are transparent).

   Sputnik

--

e-mail: fr### [at] computermuseumfh-kielde