POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New configure script : Re: New configure script Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New configure script
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 13 Feb 2003 16:52:44
Message: <3E4C13AB.8010900@free.fr>
Thanks for those tips.

> Well... maybe you want to have a look at the config.guess of the
> GNU autoconf/automake framework which does all that for you and
> is designed to be portable.

	This is what I'm already doing. This is why I said that the
configure file already contains all the info I need, but I asked
Thorsten to try `uname -m` before I checked in the file itself.
	I need the architecture type to choose the best optimization
flags to use for compilation. Those flags are tested within the
configure script. Actually I should already use those that were
proposed in 3.1g ...

	- NC