POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Calling POV from an external program : Re: Calling POV from an external program Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:49:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling POV from an external program
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 12 Feb 2003 16:03:50
Message: <3E4AB6B5.3060900@free.fr>
> If I check just if the file exists, the file could be half done and
> I don't want to load that.

	I'm not an expert in Windoz platforms, but here is a possible
solution: I assume that you generate pictures of a constant size for
previewing the textures. BMP files are not compressed, so for a
particular resolution/color depth the filesize should be constant.
You could eventually check that size periodically, and display the
image when the expected filesize is reached (or even does not change
any longer).
	However I'm sure there are better solutions out there.

	- NC