POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mechsim Question : Re: Mechsim Question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mechsim Question
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Feb 2003 03:58:50
Message: <3E3CDDCA.C832C1A7@gmx.de>
Reusser wrote:

>    I read the fine manual regarding mechsim, but couldn't find an
> obvious way to do what I want to do.  Is there a way to specify *which*
> groups to collide?  Using collision type 2, it will only test for
> collisions between elements of different groups, but this still means a
> lot of collisions when there are a fair amount of groups.
> [...]

You cannot select specific group combinations to test for collisions but
note that in your example there is no reason why a certain combination of
groups should be unnecessary to test - every mass could collide with every
other under certain circumstances.

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______