POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree : Re: POV-Tree Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree
From: Gena
Date: 29 Jan 2003 18:25:37
Message: <3E3862F0.F4E85E27@mail.com>
> Wow! This may be the best pov tool I've ever seen!! I've used Tomtree a few
> times, but normally I can't be bothered setting all it's parameters. I'm amazed
> by this program, it does so much!
>
> I'm in awe! :)

Thank you!

> Have you any plans to write more tools like this? There's lots of pov includes
> that would benefit from a nice interface.

The nearest plan is to release final POV-Tree version with all bug fixes.
Next plan is to add interactive editor to it. So that you could edit tree
(move/rotate/scale branches, twigs etc.) in Preview window.

My very old idea is to implement in Java terrain generator based on gforge
generator by John Beale: http://beale.best.vwh.net/
Maybe that will happen :)

Gena.