POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Would anyone find this useful? : Re: Would anyone find this useful? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Would anyone find this useful?
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 28 Jan 2003 07:56:46
Message: <3E367E26.1050602@videotron.ca>
Program ended abnormally on 1/27/03 7:59 PM, Due to a catastrophic Tyler
Eaves error:
> I've created an include file of LED-style letters. It's got characters 0-128
> (All letters, numbers, many puncutation, etc). It's quite configable. You
> can easily control the exact representation of the bulbs, color, backing,
> etc. If anyone would like it, I'll make it a bit easier to use and post it.
>
> You can see a sample at:
>
> http://cg1.org/led.png
>
> I've also got a python script for easily generating whole blocks of text.
> In the include file, each char is an object, and the script takes that, and
> makes a union of one character per letter, and can optionally left, center,
> or right align the text.
>
> Comments appreciated!

To be "truly" useful, you'd need to modify it to have a few burnt leds,
and a few that are always on, just like on real panels.  ;)

Seriously, I think that if you post it, I'm sure someone (maybe even
me!) will find good use for it.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }