POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : round and bevel edges : Re: round and bevel edges Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: round and bevel edges
From: Frank 'Sputnik' Rothfuß
Date: 23 Jan 2003 07:21:22
Message: <3E2FDE42.FB5D79F0@computermuseum.fh-kiel.de>
Hi Christoph,

you might be interested in my include file for creation
of rounded/beveled objects. I have posted this today to
povray.binaries.scene-files. It should be easy to cut
away unwanted rounded/beveled edges with intersection
or difference, although this approach is overkill when
used to create a single rounded edge, because the
object's complexity, as 'seen' by POV-Ray, will not
decrease.
A look at the 'slide show' will tell you if it can do
what you need.

Have fun!

   Sputnik

--

e-mail: fr### [at] computermuseumfh-kielde