POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Two simple patchs for 3.5 ( adapted from 3.1 ) : Re: Two simple patchs for 3.5 ( adapted from 3.1 ) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two simple patchs for 3.5 ( adapted from 3.1 )
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 Jan 2003 03:58:16
Message: <3E228002.80505@free.fr>
Warp wrote:

> Dejan D. M. Milosavljevic <pov### [at] ddmrmcom> wrote:
>
>>Sphere and plane acceleration.
>>Nothig special. Just warming for real one.
>>

>   It would be nice if there was a description of what you have done and
> some measurements (good measurements, not something like 3s to 2s "speedup").

Looking at the zip file for 3.5 sphere (and the #ifdef in particular),
he removed the length's adjustement of the depth for ellipsoid (removing
two divisions), as well as the transformation also for ellipsoid from
the object space to the world space (removing 2 Matrice.Vector products)

I have a feeling that either something else is missing or that the
#ifdef part is bogus and asking for trouble with CSG.