POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture Library 4.0 available : Re: Texture Library 4.0 available Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Library 4.0 available
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Jan 2003 09:07:09
Message: <3E198D8C.E4BCA1A@gmx.de>
Rene Schwietzke wrote:

> Texlib uses CSS and does not store any design information in the html code.
> Because of the lack of css support and a lot of defects in Netscape 4.7, it
> would be necessary to create the pages differently (more tables, more design
> info in the code). It also does not implement the HTML 4.0 standard very
> well.

You did not understand me, i didn't say "don't use any of those new
features not supported by old browsers".  I just meant it should be
possible to avoid those features messing up the result in NS 4.x.  It does
not have to look great, it only should be visible at all.

> Please accept my apologies for not supporting Netscape 4. Any reasons for
> using it?

Because it still is the standard browser on a lot of machines (all public
terminals at university here for example).

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______