POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture Library 4.0 available : Re: Texture Library 4.0 available Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Library 4.0 available
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Jan 2003 08:27:02
Message: <3E198425.B4C567A2@gmx.de>
Rene Schwietzke wrote:

> It is HTML 4.01 Strict and CSS 1.0/2.0. It was my intention to produce clean
> and lean HTML code, there are enough good browsers for all platforms, so I
> do not want to support the old Netscape stuff anymore. Mozilla 1.2, Netscape
> 6 and 7, IE 5,5.5,6.0 are fine.

Well, it is of course up to you how to design the page but i meant i did
not recognize any elements in your page that seem impossible to be created
in a way not messing up the page in NS 4.x.  Of ocurse not everything will
be visible in NS 4.x as in newer browsers but it could be usable.

> > - an option for downloading the whole library would be great.
> Do you mean an offline version?

Yes.

> > - the lot of different sample renders look quite nice but some are a bit
> > unnecessary (for example the 2d rotation/scaling tests).
> Why is the 2d scaling and rotation not necessary? Do you know better scenes
> instead?

I meant totally dripping it.  The first line of 3D spheres in those
pictures already gives all information - the other two lines are quite
redundant.

> >The preview should IMO contain a sphere object so you can see at the first
> glance what
> > kind of finish and normal it has (highlights, variable reflection, ...)
> The previews are quite small images and therefore the space might not be
> enough to show this already in the preview.

I think with the size of preview it would be just fine.

Christoph

Last updated 31 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______