POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : the color printing question again : Re: the color printing question again Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:42:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the color printing question again
From: LibraryMan
Date: 20 Dec 2002 11:30:46
Message: <3E0345B4.214FBD31@att.net>
Ken wrote:

> I suspect Chris Cason is more concerned with the usability of the actual
> coding environment than he is about your ability to have pretty print-outs,
> but I am only guessing.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

I actually am /not/ trying to be capricious or superficial about this
issue. I respect and am genuinely grateful for the efforts that have
been made to provide a usable coding environment (in my heart of hearts,
I confess I prefer the WinPOV GUI to POV'ing on vim under Linux, and
wish I had the setup to do something comparable under my preferred
platform),  but I *also* like to think about and work on my project away
from the screen, and am indeed often in situations where I can't
feasibly access it.

Having a "pretty printout" /would/ actually be helpful; if color syntax
highlighting were pointless, no one would have bothered to code it in to
the screen env., would they?

--Mark