POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!! : Re: Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector functions AAARRRRGGHH!!!!!
From: LibraryMan
Date: 19 Dec 2002 14:35:50
Message: <3E021FAE.BCF9CA43@att.net>
gonzo wrote:

> I've been trying to write some macros that need to analyze vectors and
> perform operations on them, but, having absolutely no math background
> whatsoever, I am getting way lost in the function explanations in the docs.
>
> Is there somewhere I can find explanations and/or examples of them that are
> understandable by us regular folk?
>
> Along the same lines, it's obvious that a little trig could go a long way in
> POV. Can someone recommend a beginning book or reference on trigonometric
> functions that can be handled by a non-mathmatical sub-genious? Something
> that at least explains all the terms used in the docs?
>
> RG - Dammit Jim, I'm an artist not a mathmetician!

Sounds like you and I are in about the same place on the POV vs.
math-I-never-thought-I'd-use-so-I-didn't-pay-attention learning curve.
Just try & tackle isosurfaces! <g>

--Library Man

P.S. and since I do call myself LibraryMan on this list, I'd be remiss
if I didn't
also recommend you go to your local library and see if they have intro.
trig & geom. books!