POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Sim-POV Feature Requests No. 1 : Re: Sim-POV Feature Requests No. 1 Server Time
30 Jun 2024 21:09:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sim-POV Feature Requests No. 1
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Dec 2002 10:21:22
Message: <3DFDEF71.D7821204@gmx.de>
Andrew Cocker wrote:

> > 2: There are two possible ways of smoothing a mesh in such a case.  You
> > can either use a threshold for the angle between the faces to determine
> > whether to smooth the normal vectors or for a rectangular grid you can of
> > course determine from the node index if the normals should be smoothed.
> > Both things can be implemented in macros.
>
> By you in next release? (I am very poor with macros)

Definitely not in the next version.  If someone supplies the necessary
modifications i would be happy to include them of course.

> Also, the ability to UV_Map everything would be nice too. (Once again, I am assuming
that it
> is not currently possible to do so in the current release, but I apologise If it is
and I
> simply haven't understood (again!;-)))

Well, it isn't possible to program a mind reading macro or patch so you
can't automatically uv-map everything.  Of course you can create uv
coordinates for the box shaped grids representing the uv mapping of the
POV-Ray box shape.

Christoph

Last updated 07 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______