POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tech TV's Eyedrops : Re: Tech TV's Eyedrops Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:12:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tech TV's Eyedrops
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 4 Dec 2002 03:10:55
Message: <3DEDB8C3.F2031150@buckosoft.com>
Andrew Cocker wrote:

> I think you may find that you needed to render at 30fps (for NTSC).

I have, for years, said #declare FPS=30;
But these days, making actual VCDs with synched audio played on a real
live TV and not a Windows Media Player simulation, i have discovered that
#declare FPS=29.97;
is much more correct.
(I couldn't figure out: "if the drum machine runs at 120 beats per minute,
why is not one beat exactly 15 frames?")

dik