POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi POV-Ray users : Re: Hi POV-Ray users Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi POV-Ray users
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Nov 2002 09:58:31
Message: <3DE38C17.CC798705@gmx.de>
Mikael Pohjola wrote:

> [...]
>
>   I was wondering how many are like me? I mean, follow this news-server, but
> don't write to it? There is a thight group who posts questions and
> especially answers, but how big is the community really?

I suppose there are quite a lot of people who read these groups but don't
post.  And AFAIK the newsserver access statistics also indicate this.  The
number of POV-Ray users not using these newsgroups at all is probably a
lot higher.

And without the intention to discourage anyone to post here i think this
also has its positive effects.  If every POV-Ray user would ask all the
questions occuring to him in these groups (like some do ;-)) it would
become extremely difficult to maintain an open eye to those questions
really requiring some discussion within the lot of things that simply
could be answered by reading the manual or the FAQ.

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______