POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : General question about relative efficiency of CSG operations : Re: General question about relative efficiency of CSG operations Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: General question about relative efficiency of CSG operations
From: Mark M  Wilson
Date: 23 Nov 2002 13:52:58
Message: <3DDFCEC1.E42ECD2B@att.net>
I can appreciate that, but I haven't learned that much of the SDL yet, and I
have scant programming experience, anyway.
I can appreciate conceptually that a #while loop would automate the
construction and the coding quite a bit, but my 'style' of workflow on my
POV scene is that I tend to go ahead and write *some* code according to the
first 'version' of a scene element that occurs to me, with the intention of
eventually substituting more efficient 'versions' of the elements as I learn
more SDL.

I just haven't gotten to these macros and loops yet.  In time.... ;-)  I
also spend/waste a fair bit of time downloading trial modelling apps,
usually ending up puzzling over the docs and the interface before I
determime that I don't know how to make it do what I have in my
cobweb-filled head!

--Mark