POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Empty object : Re: Empty object Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Empty object
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 21 Nov 2002 10:16:44
Message: <3DDCFB14.62D0D20C@frege.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
> Do you really need an empty object ? Can't you directly use first box object
> then instead of whole difference object ?

It seems I forgot to repeat the following information in my
second post: It need the empty object to feed it as a parameter
to macros using CSG.

Example: I might have a macro for doors. One of its parameters
is the key shape, so I can carve in (using difference) an appropriate
keyhole. Sometimes I might need a door without a keyhole. The I
would feed the empty object for the key shape. Following your idea
I would have to make a second copy of the door macro where I omit
the carving out of the keyhole.

  Mark Weyer