POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg : Re: Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg Server Time
19 May 2024 20:43:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facing the inevitable - Facing-the-inevitable.jpg
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Nov 2002 06:19:48
Message: <3DDB6FD4.7C111992@gmx.de>
Peter Popov wrote:

> If you can work out the maths, I'd gladly have the thing animated even
> if it takes a month to render. Be sure to include angular momentum in
> the calculations, because I *always* take the first shot with a
> bottom-left english, starting 10 inches to the right of the cue
> position and aiming slightly to the right of the center of the 1 ball,
> so that the cue ball goes in the far right corner pocket.

It is surely not trivial, the movement luckily is 2-dimensional in most
cases which makes things somewhat nicer but the balls don't always roll
perfectly (meaning that their angular velovity is directly related to
their translational velocity). Both the shot as well as collisions lead to
more complicated movements including gliding.

> There's the
> deal - I provide the imagery, you provide the maths, and we get rich
> and famous and go to Hamburg, this time not missing the Repperbahn :)

If that's guaranteed i would surely start right away...

Christoph

Last updated 15 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______