POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why left-handed coordinate system? : Re: Why left-handed coordinate system? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why left-handed coordinate system?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 19 Nov 2002 10:05:32
Message: <3DDA5347.8010900@free.fr>
Kaveh wrote:

> Now I have to use my hand, as there are no left-handed
> screws!

There is such thing as 'left-handed screws', but you do not see them
very often. Most of the time, there is a 'right-handed screw' at the
other end, thus a turn of the screw either separate or bring closer the
parts with the bolts (symmetrically!).
Typical application: pairs of compass for technical drawing.