POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Some notes about Cygwin/MinGW compilation : Re: Some notes about Cygwin/MinGW compilation Server Time
30 Apr 2024 21:05:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some notes about Cygwin/MinGW compilation
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Nov 2002 10:27:08
Message: <3DC5404B.D78AF94D@gmx.de>
"W?odzimierz ABX Skiba" wrote:

> Have you finally tried this compilation becouse of me ? ;-)

Well i tried it before and when i looked after you told about your plans i
saw that gcc 3.2 is now available and i had a more detailed look.

> > Another problem was the 'BLOB' type identifier that is also used in one of
> > the windows header files.  Adding some things to 'config.h' helped but
> > this required frame.h being the first included file in all modules.
>
> I have solved this other way. I have added switch to patches.h include
> #define AVOID_NAME_COLLISION_PATCH
> and I will catch there all possible collisions with different compilators.
> Then I used in sources when needed
> #ifdef AVOID_NAME_COLLISION_PATCH
>   POV_BLOB
> #else
>   BLOB
> #endif

I'm not sure this is a good idea.  The 'BLOB' type occurs at quite a lot
of places and this would lead to a lot of modifications.  In general i
think it would be best to have no more modifications than necessary.

Christoph

Last updated 02 Nov. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______