POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problems with image_map : Re: Problems with image_map Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with image_map
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Nov 2002 08:32:23
Message: <3DC3D3E6.D9AFE740@gmx.de>
Nils Bronstert wrote:

> The first problem is: I have some objects and I want to apply an
> image_map to them. For example I have a box in my scene-file and I want
> to use an image_map on all sides except the top and the bottom. I've
> done the following:
>
> [...]

I suggest you read up the doc parts about textures and image maps.  There
is no point in having multiple texture statements in an object (apart from
layered textures of course but that would require transparency).  What you
seemingly want is a patterned texture.

> My question is: How do I put an image_map on all sides of the cube?
> Do I have to make the box out of two objects or is there an easyer
> solution? The problem gets even worse, because I have a prism-object
> with six sides where I want to have an image on each side.

You should have a look at the UV mapping feature.

Christoph

Last updated 28 Oct. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______