POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-linetools Server Time
18 May 2024 07:53:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-linetools
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 30 Oct 2002 15:53:56
Message: <3DC046F7.1010903@starman.ee>
ABX wrote:
 > Note I have bought
 > old, cheap, used machine to work on POV patching and documentation.
 > It is Pentium 75 MHz. Does XML Notepad works on it?
I guess so (although my response was more in region of joke).
But MHz and processor type has nothing to do with coding productivity: I
wrote POVMan on 66 MHz 486 DX2 with 32 MB of memory and RedHat 6.1. Now
(since April 2001) I have 1GHz AMD Athlon with 256 MB of memory and
Windows 2000 Professional  + RH 7.1 and hasn't yet released any new
version of POVMan. Commitment and availability of free time are more
important factors....