POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools Server Time
4 May 2024 12:35:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 27 Oct 2002 03:33:42
Message: <3DBBA4F0.1090602@starman.ee>
ABX wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:16:01 -0400, "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote:
>
>>Only thing that I had to do was find htmlhelp.lib and winmm.lib. I used
>>implib (as per a suggestion on some site I've lost the URL to) to extract
>>winmm.lib from system32\winmm.dll. Oh, and I renamed it .obj. I have no idea
>>whether this is good or bad, all I know is that POV compiled and hasn't
>>crashed yet...
>

> That's wrong IMO. I have thought about that problem and found the reason.
> First of all You don't have to extract winmm.lib from dll. It is already
> present in free borland but not in main LIB\ but in subfolder LIB\PSDK.
>
> And you don't have to rename it to obj. It can be linked directly as
> winmm.lib. Just make optional two pragmas from pvengine.c.
>
> #ifndef __BORLANDC__
>   #pragma comment(lib, "htmlhelp")
>   #pragma comment(lib, "winmm")
> #endif

I looked at my code and I stand corrected in my previous statement (_In
my system (W2K) there was no need for winmm.lib._): as it appears, i've
commented out both pragma directive lines in pvengine.c and therefore it
linked OK in my case. So best solution for given problem would be indeed
to make these pragmas conditional as above.