POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 22 Oct 2002 20:33:50
Message: <3DB5EE2F.2FAC056@onwijs.com>
Rune wrote:

> > I actually think the odds for earning some cash that way are
> > better then through direct sales - in the long run that is.
>
> Well, I fail to see how.
>
> Rune
> --

I can understand that. I sympathize with the fact that you're
trying to get something back for things you've been providing.
In a freeware oriented community that is *difficult* to say the
least.

You claim you have little knowledge about particle systems, but
what are you offering then and why do you expect people to pay
for that (instead of other things you might have to offer *)?

I'm not saying anything about the value of your system (the
inherent value, which is probably different from the value in
the freeware context) or of your skills. But one good project
would probably earn you more then you would ever get from
selling licenses.

It's been known to happen (to me for instance) but you have to
get some exposure. Preferrably outside the POV-community,
because they're all paupers ;)

Whichever way you go I still think you have the right to choose
for yourself.

Cheers!

Remco

*) uh-oh, I'm not suggesting you should start selling your body
or organs or something ;)