POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Oct 2002 11:53:54
Message: <3DB2D190.CE77FFB2@gmx.de>
Rune wrote:

> [...]
> I don't see why you seem to
> think that it is such a great advantage to use function based
> environments, if you compare the pros and cons.

Because i have used it and it works very nicely.  Maybe just try it out
with some heightfield object (and an image_map function in comparison).  I
remember this flowing animation with two channels dividing and merging you
once posted,  this would be a nice test object.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______