POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Re: United POV-Ray? : Re: United POV-Ray? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:57:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: United POV-Ray?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Oct 2002 06:09:13
Message: <3DB12F49.29478368@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Well, that makes the code harder to read when there are multiple patches,
> especially when code of those patches is interleaved.  Really, MegaPOV had
> that for many patches already and still later some code appeared at unusual
> places that seemed to belong to patches we did not even want, either because
> the #ifdefs had simply been forgotten or because one patch depended on
> another and there were no #ifdefs.

I understand what you mean and that you would prefer individual patches
based on the official source, but those actually using the patches don't
want dozens of versions each implementing a single feature but a complete
version with all patches.  Merging different patches each modifying the
same code is of course a tricky task that should be made carefully.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______