POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Finding that function thingy in heightfields : Re: Finding that function thingy in heightfields Server Time
19 May 2024 11:41:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding that function thingy in heightfields
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Oct 2002 16:03:22
Message: <3DAB230A.4C64EC61@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> > How about the radiosity and photons file formats.  They are probably used
> > much less than image files but documentation would be even more important
> > since they are specific to POV-Ray so documentation can't be found
> > elsewhere.
>
> Their format is subject to change without notice, so what could be said
> about them?

Just because the format could be changed does not make a description
obsolete.  In fact i doubt either of these formats will change
significantly (meaning making a description totally worthless) soon.  Both
file formats are strongly bound to the way the data is handled internally
so describing the formats could help understanding how these functions
work too.  Apart from that I have several photons and radiosity files that
took longer to calculate than a lot of image files so i would not be
pleased if POV-Ray would neglect how to read them very soon...

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______