POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : How to transform a triangle into another : Re: How to transform a triangle into another Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:07:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to transform a triangle into another
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 2 Oct 2002 19:54:05
Message: <3D9B8717.54BED636@hotmail.com>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> My first post to this group !
>
> Peter Popov mentioned in this thread;
> http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/27685/
> (25. September 2002. Subject: Re: Align box to splines)
> - the existence of a macro that transforms a triangle into another one.
>
> I thought his was an interesting problem, so I just had to try to make
> such a macro. Below are the results.

I just noticed that it was not wise of me to remove the vnormalize()
expressions from the 4 first lines in the Triangle2Triangle_Trans()
macro. Here's how these lines should be:

#local vFx = vnormalize(pA1 - pA0);
#local vLx = vnormalize(pB1 - pB0);
#local vFy = vcross(vFx, vnormalize(pA2 - pA0));
#local vLy = vcross(vLx, vnormalize(pB2 - pB0));

Tor Olav