POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object pattern & solid mesh? : Re: object pattern & solid mesh? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object pattern & solid mesh?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Sep 2002 04:19:54
Message: <3D90202A.B4A09B1C@gmx.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> Hi:
>
> From the error message I'm getting, I assume that a "solid mesh" does not
> qualify a what the "object pattern" expects as a "solid". Right? Any ideas
> on any alternative method for converting a mesh into an isosurface?

As Chris Huff explained the object pattern won't work for that purpose
anyway.

There is a. 'IC_Triangle()' macro in IsoCSG:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/ic/docu02.html#Triangle

and ABX is working on an IC_Mesh(), but that won't be very fast (in fact
incredibly slow for large meshes).

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,